Melinda’s Lemonade Scones
- 3 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup of thickened cream
- 1 cup of lemonade
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- Line tray with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, cream and lemonade in a bowl and mix until flour is mostly combined. Do not over mix, it will make the scones dense! The dough should be soft and fairly sticky.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead gently just 3 – 5 times to bring dough together, then gently pat into a disc shape 2.5cm thick.
- Use a 6cm round cutter to cut rounds – press straight up and down (don’t twist), flour the cutter in between.
- Place the scones on a tray, slightly touching each other (this helps the other rise).
- Brush the tops lightly with milk.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden on top.
- Place on rack to cool.
- Dollop your scones with plenty of jam and cream.
This recipe makes about 10 scones. Lemonade Scones are the fastest and easiest scones you will ever make!
Incredibly fluffy, moist scones are made from scratch using only 3 ingredients. The secret ingredient is lemonade – but they don’t taste of lemon at all!
CLA customers have recently been utilising the kitchen at 56 Cockburn Rd to cook up some tasty treats.
If you’re interested in cooking a meal or dessert at 56, talk to your Support Worker and together, you can:
- book the kitchen at 56 Cockburn Rd
- plan what you’d like to cook
- buy the ingredients together
- cook a meal or a dessert to take home or share.