Finding your 30 minutes of physical activity a day can lead to a happier and healthier lifestyle.
- Brain Health – Exercise training can increase brain size and improve memory – reducing the risk of dementia.
- Mental Health – Regular physical activity reduces the risk of depression and has a range of benefits for mental health.
- Social benefits – Organised physical activity creates opportunities for meeting new people and socialising.
- Heart and Lung Health – Physical activity strengthens your heart and improves lung function – reducing your risk of coronary heart disease and heart attack.
- Bone Health – Physical activity increases bone mineral density – important for bone strength; reducing risk of fractures and osteoporosis.
- Environmental benefits – Physical activity, as a form of active transport, reduces our carbon foot print.
It’s easy to include some exercise in your daily routine. Here’s a few ideas to get your 30 minutes in each day:
- Ride a bike – Borrow one from CLA if you don’t have your own bike.
- Dance like no one’s watching – Put on your favourite music and watch the time disappear.
- Get walking – Discover Amazing Albany walk trails such as: Lake Seppings, Mt Adelaide, Windfarm, Mt Clarence or Emu Point to Ellen Cove.
Get out there and enjoy the fresh air, you’ll be glad you did!