Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) & affordable housing project at 77 Stead Road, Albany
About the Project
WAI Group Pty Ltd (WAI) is partnering with Community Living Association (CLA) and Advance Housing Ltd (AHL) to deliver this exciting specialist disability accommodation and affordable housing project at 77 Stead Road, Albany.
The proposed project is a mixed development comprising:
- 3 x 4 bedroom SDA homes, to house 3 participants in each home
- 7 x 2 bedroom affordable rental villas, and
- 2 x 1 bedroom affordable rental villas.
Purpose of the Forum
- To introduce this exciting project to the community
- To discuss the opportunity for NDIS participants
- To discuss the processes to enable NDIS participants to qualify for SDA funding
- To discuss how tenancies work in an SDA home.
(There will be time allocated for informal and one of one discussions.)
Date: Tuesday 29th November, 2022
Time: 10:30am to 12:30pm
Venue: Community Living Association, 56 Cockburn Road, Albany
Light refreshments provided. Please register to attend by cob Friday 18 November via
Please also advise if you have any special dietary requirements.
About the SDA Homes:
- Each participant bedroom contains spacious private ensuite bathrooms.
- Tracking infrastructure will be incorporated where required.
- Each home contains Onsight Overnight Assistance (OOA) facilities for staff with a separate staff bathroom.
- The floor plan includes an open plan kitchen, dining and lounge area, and a separate breakout room or retreat.
- There is ample storage and parking provision, and good sized garages.
- There are outdoor alfresco areas and gardens at the rear of each dwelling, which can be kept separate to each dwelling or combined into a larger shared space.
- At this stage we are proposing that one of the homes will be larger than the other two, with larger bathrooms and bedrooms to meet the needs of participants with High Physical Support needs.
- Fire sprinkler systems will be installed in the homes targeted to clients who have physical disabilities requiring wheelchair use (typically clients at Fully Accessible and High Physical Support level).
- The homes will be spacious, contain high ceilings, large living spaces, high quality fixtures & fittings, extra wide corridors and doorways, internal impact walls built to 1200mm height throughout, adjustable benchtops and island, ample storage spaces, automated entry doors and slip resistant high quality floor coverings.
- The homes will be energy efficient with a minimum 8 star energy rating and will include double glazing (windows), rooftop solar 6 kilowatt solar power units, and R4 ceiling insulation.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 9842 3855