Casual Support Worker
Casual Support Worker:
Community Living Association are looking for experienced casual staff to backfill leave for our permanent staff. We are looking for Support Workers that can work a 24/7 roster and offer flexibility to work with little to no notice.
We invite you to apply to be part of our NDIS registered organisation which offers connection, achievement and purpose in helping others. We offer opportunities and excellent financial reward.
What CLA offer:
- Salary Packaging – Access up to $18500, in salary packing benefits, (this includes the entertainment card $2500) per year tax free
- Potential study opportunities
- A progressive, supportive & positive team environment
Duties include but are not limited to assisting our Customers with:
- Personal Care
- Domestic assistance
- Coaching in, and access to, social activities & life skills activities
- Maintaining and enhancing their practical skills to promote independence and maintain positive living arrangements
- Shopping, meal preparation & dietary well-being
- Living their lives with voice & choice
What CLA is looking for:
- Hold or are Interested in completing Cert III in Individual Support
- Relevant experience working with people with disabilities. Possible backgrounds include Assistants in Nursing, Aged Care Workers, Nurses or Support Workers currently with other organisations. People from other backgrounds will also be considered if you have the right aptitude and outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal & written
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Reliable, proactive and confident working with people of all abilities
- Commitment to participate in training and development
- Most importantly, a great attitude towards our participants and your peers.
- Availability to work across a 24/7 roster and be able to undertake regular sleepover & weekend shifts
- The ability to pass a mandatory NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Current First Aid Certificate (if you are a great candidate we will assist in attaining certificate)
- The ability to pass a Working with Children Check
- Must have a current West Australian C Class Drivers Licence
- Have access to a motor vehicle that is comprehensively insured
- The right attitude to working with the disabled and disadvantaged under a zero-harm environment!
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to achieving a diverse workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with culturally diverse backgrounds and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicant must have the right to live & work in Australia