24 hours per week, with flexibility
- Information & Communication Technology
- Help Desk & IT Support
- Part time
- Albany Location
Community Living Association is an organisation that has been operating in the Great Southern for over 30 years. We provide exceptional support to people with a disability promoting choice and control. We value our participants and the relationships we have built with them over the years, supporting them to lead more independent and fulfilled lives.
We are offering an opportunity to build on CLA’s IT systems including providing assistance with day-to-day employee requests and occasional project work. The successful applicant will be the first point of call for all IT requests, with support from our external IT Consultant.
We require someone with a strong work ethic, who is reliable and able to work calmly in a high demanding and short lead-time environment.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
• A formal IT qualification/certification or working towards
• Good understanding of fundamental IT Principles across Network, Server, and Desktop environments.
• Experience in hardware and server structures
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Experience in various software applications & cloud based apps.
• Confident in the Microsoft office & teams environment
Applicants looking to get their start in this field would be considered.
Your responsibilities and duties are:
• Manage a range of devices such as tablets, laptops, desktops, printers, servers and mobile phones
• Resolve service desk issues both software and hardware
• Taking calls, logging, maintaining, and completing all IT support requests tickets
• Escalate incidents to appropriate external third parties/vendors when required
• Maintain inventory, asset registries, and IT storage
• System maintenance & various program updates
What CLA offer:
• Salary Packaging options up to $18,500pa (inc entertainment card)
• 5 Week’s annual leave (Pro Rata)
• Access to Long Service Leave after 7 years of continuous service
• A progressive, supportive & positive team environment
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to achieving a diverse workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with culturally diverse backgrounds and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicant must have the right to live & work in Australia, and have the ability to produce a COVID 19 Vaccination Certificate.
Please contact our HR team for more information on this position on 08 9842 3855