Positive Behavior Support Practitioner
Positive Behavior Support Practitioner:
We are currently seeking an experienced, highly motivated Behavioural Support Practitioner to work with customers, their families, and networks, in reducing behaviours of concern to support them to achieve their goals and improve their quality of life.
- Consulting and providing positive behavioural support services to customers and their families.
- Undertaking function behavioural assessments.
- Developing behaviour support plans ensuring services are in accordance with evidence-based PBS.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of behaviour support plans and implemented changes as required.
- Plan and delivery behaviour support strategies in accordance with the NDIS Quality & Safeguarding Framework.
- Ensure services are delivered within CLA Policies and Procedures.
- Update CRM systems accordingly.
- Maintain individual customer NDIS plans and goals.
- Collaboration and communication with CLA’s service delivery team and other allied health professionals.
- Have Provisional Suitability from the NDIS Commission to provide Specialist Behaviour Support.
- Extensive knowledge of the NDIS legislative requirements and guidelines in the disability sector.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering Positive Behaviour Support to people with complex behavioural needs.
- Knowledge of restrictive practices and understanding of existing frameworks.
- Demonstrated capacity to understand financial information pertaining to individualised funding.
- Highly developed report writing and behavioural data analysis skills
- Strong communicator who can express themselves clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in using software packages including Microsoft Office applications at an intermediate level of skill and knowledge of CRM databases.
What We Offer
- A long-term position with a well-established not for profit organisation.
- Be part of a professional, dynamic, and supportive team.
- Competitive salary & salary packaging options.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
The successful applicant must hold a C” class motor vehicle driver’s licence and own a vehicle, NDIS Workers Screening Check, Working with Children Check and provide Proof of Eligibility to work in Australia.
All enquiries regarding this role please contact Eric Glas on 0428 679 419.
Applications close 24th May 2021
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to achieving a diverse workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with culturally diverse backgrounds and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.