Due to growth in our services Community Living Association has numerous vacancies for Support Workers. We invite you to apply to be part of our NDIS approved organisation which offers connection, achievement and purpose in helping others. We offer security, long-term opportunities and excellent financial reward.
What CLA offer:
- Salary Packaging – Access up to $18500, in salary packing benefits, (this includes the entertainment card $2500) per year tax free
- Potential study opportunities – We invest in our people!
- 5 Week’s annual leave (Pro Rata for permanent employees)
- Access to Long Service Leave after 7 years of continuous service
- A progressive, supportive & positive team environment
Duties include but are not limited to assisting our Customers with:
- Personal Care
- Domestic assistance
- Coaching in, and access to, social activities & life skills activities
- Maintaining and enhancing their practical skills to promote independence and maintain positive living arrangements
- Shopping, meal preparation & dietary well-being
- Living their lives with voice & choice
What CLA is looking for:
- Hold or are Interested in completing Cert III in Individual Support
- Relevant experience working with people with disabilities. Possible backgrounds include Assistants in Nursing, Aged Care Workers, Nurses or Support Workers currently with other organisations. People from other backgrounds will also be considered if you have the right aptitude and outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal & written
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Reliable, proactive and confident working with people of all abilities
- Commitment to participate in training and development
- Most importantly, a great attitude towards our participants and your peers.
- Availability to work across a 24/7 roster and be able to undertake regular sleepover & weekend shifts
- The ability to pass a mandatory NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Current First Aid Certificate (if you are a great candidate we will assist in attaining certificate)
- The ability to pass a Working with Children Check
- Must have a current West Australian C Class Drivers Licence and access to a motor vehicle
- The right attitude to working with the disabled and disadvantaged under a zero-harm environment!
Please email application to email@example.com or apply on Seek.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to achieving a diverse workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with culturally diverse backgrounds and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicant must have the right to live & work in Australia