Positive Behaviour Support
CLA Positive Behaviour Support Practitioners
Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)
Positive Behaviour Support is an evidence-based approach aiming to:
- Increase a participant’s quality of life and
- Decreasing the frequency and severity of behaviours of concern.
How does PBS do this?
Our PBS practitioners work with individuals, families, support networks, education staff and other health professionals to identify why behaviours of concern are occurring, and provide strategies to manage and prevent the behaviours.
Our local CLA team of PBS practitioners can assist by:
- Helping the participant understand daily life using clearer ways of communicating
- Changing the environment to make where they live and work better for them
- Improving the person’s lifestyle so they have more interesting and enjoyable activities to keep them involved and connected with their community
- Changing the environment so the person is involved in meaningful and positive relationships with others.
Contact us to arrange a consultation today on 9842 3855.